Attention Middle School Math Teachers: Looking for Lesson Designers for AFT Innovation Fund Grant
Type of Position: Part-time
Compensation: Stipend $7,500-$10,000
Start Date: Early to mid-October
The Boston Teachers Union and the Boston Public Schools have received a planning grant from the AFT Innovation Fund to create world-class lessons that will engage today’s students and can be distributed online. We are currently recruiting exemplary math lesson designers with middle school experience to help create a unit of high quality, multi-media based lessons.This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative new project that brings great teachers together to create these exemplary lessons that will be available to other teachers for free. Preference for candidates who the meet the following criteria:
- Strong middle school math experience.
- Experience teaching with PowerPoint.
- Experience designing lessons with PowerPoint.
- Flexibility, ability to work in teams, and accept feedback.
- Must be available for approximately six to eight weekend and/or vacation days during the school year, as well as two to three weeks during summer of 2011.
Email your resume or a letter detailing your qualifications to Tracy Young. Any questions, email Tracy or call her at: 781-724-3710.