(*) By June 15, 2015, each school will vote as follows regarding January 4, 2016, which is typically a no-student, PD day:
- Choice #1: School staff report to respective school for an all-day PD (currently allowed).
- Choice #2: School staff can vote to convert the six hours along the same lines as in the current BTU Collective Bargaining Agreement (currently allowed).
- Choice #3: School staff can decide to convert January 4 AND agree to participate in a new, citywide district-/union-run PD that will be offered on January 4, 2016. (The PD activities we plan for January 4 will be jointly planned by the BTU and the School Department. This is a new initiative.) If a staff votes to take advantage of the new district-/union-run PD on January 4, 2016, that satisfies the six-hour requirement for that day.
All three choices will be on a school ballot, and if no choice gets a majority vote after the first cycle, there will be a runoff vote between the top two choices. A majority vote will prevail and staff shall be obligated to work under one of the above three choices on a school-by-school basis.
Timelines for Performance Evaluation
(BTU Contract p.69)
A) Educators with PTS on Two Year Plans
Activity completed by:
- Evaluator completes unannounced observation(s); Anytime during the 2-year evaluation cycle
- Evaluator completes Formative Evaluation Report; June 1 of Year 1
- Evaluator conducts Formative Evaluation Report, if any; June 1 of Year 1
- Evaluator completes Summative Evaluation Report; May 15 of Year 2
- Evaluator conducts Summative Evaluation Report, if any; June 10 of Year 2
- Evaluator and Educator sign Summative Evaluation Report; June 15 of Year 2
B) Educators on Plans of Less than One Year
The timeline for educators on Plans of less than one year will be established in the Educator Plan.
20. Timelines (Dates in italics are provided as guidance)
Activity completed by:
- Superintendent, principal or designee meets with evaluator and educators to explain evaluation process: September 15
- Evaluator meets with first-year educators to assist in self-assessment and goal setting process. Evaluator submits self-assessment and proposed goals: October 1
- Evaluator meets with Educators in teams or individually to establish Educator Plans (Educator Plan may be established at Summative Evaluation Report meeting prior to school year): October 15
- Evaluator completes Educator Plans: November 1
- Evaluator should complete first observation of each Educator: November 15
- Educator submits evidence on parent outreach, professional growth, progress on goals (and other standards, if desired) January 5 (or four weeks before Formative Assessment Report date established by Evaluator)
- Evaluator should complete mid-cycle Formative Assessment Reports for Educators on one-year Educator Plans: February 1
- Evaluator holds Formative Assessment Meetings if requested by either Evaluator or Educator: February 15
- Educator submits evidence on parent outreach, professional growth, progress on goals (and other standards, if desired); April 20 (or four weeks before Summative Assessment Report date established by Evaluator)
- Evaluator completes Summative Assessment Report: May 15
- Evaluator meets with Educators whose overall Summative Evaluation ratings are Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory: June 1
- Evaluator meets with Educators whose ratings are proficient or exemplary at request of Evaluator or Educator: June 10
- Evaluator signs Summative Assessment Report and adds response, if any, within five school days of receipt: June 15