Our union contract covers a broad range of issues including wages, benefits, conditions of work, and career advancement. Your Building Rep can provide you with a printed copy of the contract booklet.
Here is the newly approved contract:
- Memorandum of Agreement for teachers, paras and substitutes
- Agreement between the School Committee of the City of Boston and BTU Local 66 re: ABA Specialists BTU to BPS 7/20/16
We will post text versions of each clause as soon as possible.
On the pages below, we highlight some of the most important features and updates of the 2010-2016 contract.
- An overview of the major features of the current contract including salary schedules and access to the entire contract online
- A list of important dates and deadlines set in our current contract
- An overview of major features of the current contract as they apply to teachers
- An overview of the major features of the current contract as they apply to paraprofessionals
- An overview of the major features of the current contract as they apply to substitutes
- The evolution of “Turnaround” schools and future prospects
To see the history of the gains we have made for BTU members over the years, see the Contractual Gains Timeline.