2018-2021 Contract: Our current union contract covers a broad range of issues including wages, benefits, conditions of work, and career advancement. Download a PDF of the full contract. (This is a large file.) Your Building Rep can provide you with a printed copy of the contract booklet.
2021-22 Temporary Safety Agreement: We worked with BPS and the School Committee to reach an agreement (subject to the vote of the School Committee) on health and safety plans before the first day of school on September 9.
Salary Grids from the 2018-2021 contract
- 2018-2021 Substitute Salary Grids
- 2018-2021 Paraprofessional Salary Grids
- 2018-2021 ABA Specialist Salary Grids
- 2018-2021 Teacher Salary Grids
- 2020-2021 Paras 26 Pay Period
2021-2024 Proposed Contract: Following an extensive community input process that included conversations and forums with thousands of families, educators, and community members over several months, the Boston Teachers Union has released a package of proposals and priorities related to the next labor agreement that will be signed between the members of the Boston Teachers Union and the Boston Public Schools.
- Our Silent Representatives are regularly posting updates from bargaining sessions. Check out their summaries here!
During the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years, BTU and BPS reached several agreements to address the impacts on terms and conditions of employment attendant to the City’s decision to reopen the Boston Public Schools (District or BPS) for during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 1/10 Side Letter Concerning Reopening Schools and Returning Students to Schools When the COVID Positive Rate is 5% or Above
- 11/15 High Needs Memorandum of Agreement
- 9/29 Hybrid Learning Agreement
- 9/9 Memorandum of Understanding Agreement
- Building Reps FAQ
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Remote Teaching Memorandum of Understanding -- Summary and FAQ
- Reformation of Final Interim Memorandum of Understanding - 4/28/20