Register to Vote by Wednesday
The last day to register to vote in the September primary is Wednesday, August 25. Most city and town halls will have
extended hours that day.
BTU Teacher Hassan Williams Needs Help for Senate Race: Forums Scheduled
BTU teacher Hassan Williams is running for state senate. We have proudly endorsed Hassan, and now he needs our help. Fundraiser at the Boston Police VFW Post location, 500 Morton St, for a fundraiser for Hassan on 8/23/10 from 6pm-9pm. Poll coverage on election day or volunteers: please email Arthur Williams.
Hassan Williams is scheduled to partake in a panel discussion with the incumbent senator on two dates from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Doors open at 5:00 p.m.
* August 24, 2010, Hibernian Hall, 184 Dudley Street, Roxbury, MA 02119
* August 26, 2010, Prince Hall, 24 Washington Street, Dorchester, MA 02121
BTU Teacher Barry Lawton, Candidate for State Rep., Looking for Volunteer Help
BTU teacher Barry Lawton is running for state representative. We have proudly endorsed Barry and he needs our help. He says: “Volunteering can make a real difference in your community. Your work making calls, staffing the office or canvassing the neighborhood with campaign staff, can have a big impact. Please consider volunteering.”
* Office coverage: Monday thru Friday 4pm-8pm
* Phone Banking- Making voter calls
* Fluent in Creole or Spanish
* Grew up or live in Dorchester
* 302 Bowdoin Street, Dorchester, MA 02122, 857-247-2289
Sal DiDomenico Looking for Volunteers
Sal DiDomenico continues to gain momentum! BTU member are encouraged to help Sal in the days leading up to the September 14th primary!BTU members are thanked in advance and are encouraged to call DJ (617) 967-2065 at Sal’s campaign office to help!
* Phone banking from the Everett office is ongoing (M-F 11:00 AM-8:00 PM; Saturday+Sunday 1PM-6PM).
* Standouts as follows:**Monday, August 23rd**( #1) 7.-8 A.M. Cliftondale Sq~Saugus; ( #2) 4:30-5:30P.M. Everett Rotary; **Tuesday, August 24th**( #1) 7.-8 A.M. Thompson Sq (Charelstown) (#2) 4:30-5:30 P.M. Broadway+Webster Ave (Chelsea); **Wednesday, August 25th**( #1) 7-8 A.M. Chelsea City Hall (#2) 4:30-5:30 P.M. Sargent St (Revere); **Thursday, August 26th (#1) 7- 8 A.M.Pratville Dunkin Doughnuts (Chelsea) (#2) 4:30- 530 P.M. Cliftondale Sq (Saugus).