In an attempt to make our membership meetings more accessible for our members the BTU will be launching a childcare program starting in the fall of the 2016-2017 school year. We are looking for an educator to provide care to children from ages 6-12 for the duration of our membership meetings. The ideal candidate holds a current Elementary Ed license and is able to tend to a maximum of 10 children at a time. Additional Special Ed license preferred.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Assist children with homework if applicable
- Interact with parents and utilize a paging system for toileting and other immediate needs of the child
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
- Appropriately check children in and out of the program
- Ensure that rules of the program are being adhered to by children and parents
- Arrive before children to set up the child care space, and stay after to clean up.
- Certificate in first aid and CPR (Applicants must attend a two-hour training if they currently do not hold one.)
- BTU member and educator
- Elementary Education License
- Candidate will be compensated for their time. Compensation based on BTU Contractual rate.
- Candidates would need to be available between the hours of 3:45-6:45 PM on the 2nd Wednesday of every month