Tomorrow we hold our November membership meeting at 4:00, and we will confirm preparations for our school-by-school demonstration to be held on Friday, 11/18. At the membership meeting will have available signs, stickers, and fliers for distribution.
At the conclusion of the membership meeting we will be boarding a bus to Symphony Hall to say hello to Michelle Rhee, who will be speaking at the Hall as part of the WGBH speaker services. Those who attend the demonstration will be served pizza and soft drinks at the BTU as soon as the meeting is over.
But our main course (pun intended) of business at the membership meeting will be to get ready for the 18th. Here’s what we ask members to do on the 18th:
- meet at the school 30 minutes before sign-in time
- gather outside the school or at a nearby intersection for a 20-minute period
- hold signs and greet passersby for 20 minutes
- go back to school in time for class to begin
Here’s what we ask all BTU reps to do:
- make sure all members are aware of the day and its significance
- hand out all explanatory materials in advance; hand out the placards on the morning of the 18th.
- remind people on the 16th and 17th
- get the events organized on the morning of the 18th
- Call the BTU office or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the numbers of participants at your site