Dear BTU Family,
These unprecedented times are incredibly difficult and stressful for students, educators, and our community. We have received and appreciate the questions and concerns that you are raising, and we are working around the clock to advocate for the answers and outcomes needed to ensure the safety of our members, our community, and of our schools.
We hear you, we are here for you, and we must all continue to support each other as best we can.
Here is the latest on our discussions with the Boston Public Schools, Boston City Hall, and the Boston Public Health Commission:
Right now, we are in very active discussions with the Boston Public Schools and City Hall regarding the next steps in their COVID-19 response plan, all in coordination with the Boston Public Health Commission, including with regard to whether or not there will be a closure or partial closure of any additional Boston Public School facilities, beyond those that have already temporarily suspended classes.
The mayor has called a meeting with us and the Superintendent for this afternoon, through which we hope to reach as many answers as possible. BTU staff will continue to work through the weekend as further details emerge.
We will provide email updates as new information becomes available from that meeting and beyond.
Thank you for understanding if some individual replies are delayed while we gather the necessary information to provide accurate union-wide responses and updates. We hear you and are responding collectively when possible and individually as soon as we are able to.
Again, there will be additional communication forthcoming. We appreciate everything you do, and we will find our way through this together.