- BTU Brochures
- Get Informed! Inclusion Classrooms in Boston Public Schools (PDF): a guide for parents informing them on what inclusion classrooms are and helpful resources for advocates for their students.
- What Are Restorative Justice Practices (PDF): a brochure with resources and data on the impact of Restorative Justice in our schools!
- LGBTQ Brochure (PDF): facts, testimonies and helpful resources on helping your school become a safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ students and staff.
- BTU Teacher Leader Opportunities (PDF): Get engaged in your union! The BTU offers varying ways to get involved in your union from elected positions, to organizing committees on advocacy issues to professional development and research fellowships. Find out more here!
- Class Size Grievance Tracking Forms
- Scholarship Applications
BTU Dependent Scholarships
This year there will be 16 scholarships in the amount o f$1,000 awarded to high school seniors who are dependents of BTU members. To apply, please obtain an application from Jeanne Turner in the Union office or download the form from the BTU website and return with 1) a transcript of the dependent’s last two years of academic work; 2) evidence of acceptance by an accredited college, junior college, vocational school or equivalent institution; 3) member’s notarized federal tax return for the year 2018; and 4) a one-page statement of the dependent’s professional goals. The application and the four supporting documents must be received in the Union office no later than April 22, 2019.
Retired Teachers Chapter Scholarships
Each year the Retired Teachers Chapter of the Boston Teachers Union awards three scholarships to deserving high school seniors who are children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, grandnieces or grandnephews of RTC members. One of these scholarships is earmarked for a student who chooses to attend a vocational school or equivalent institution. Applications for these scholarships can be picked up at the RTC/BTU offices at 180Mt. Vernon Street, Dorchester, MA 02125 or they can be downloaded from the BTU website. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2019. Envelope must be postmarked by this date.
- Policies & Procedures: Superintendent's Circulars
The Superintendent issues guidelines and regulations about policy implementation to schools and departments through Superintendent’s Circulars. These documents are updated and reissued annually before the start of school. Circulars also may be updated or added during the school year.
You can access the most up-to-date Superintendent’s Circulars via this shared drive.