Present: Heather Gorman King, Denise Dwyer, Matt Dwyer, Eileen Shakespear, Layla Cable, Michael O’Halloran
Excused: John Alloca, Donna O’Brien, Denise Berkley, Maritza Agrait, Marjie Crosby, Andrea Devine
– Minutes of 4/5/17 meeting approved with modification
Questions for AAA:
- Can the mail-in ballots be opened and sorted before 6PM, and the count start at 6PM?
- Where should election committee members sit during the polling?
– There are approximately 90 RTC members who have no classification (Elementary, Secondary, Para/Sub). These members have been contacted by mail and phone and the list has been getting significantly smaller. Denise D. will follow up with the RTC to find out how to proceed with any members whose classification cannot be determined before mailing of final-round ballots. The committee will recommend to the RTC that we send only the RTC ballot to these members, along with a note of explanation saying they may vote in person if they wish to vote for BTU officers. A note was drafted.
– Election Day Procedures: During polling hours, Election Committee representatives will not make decisions on behalf of the committee. We will rely on AAA to apply the rules we have put in place, and on BTU staff at the problem table to determine eligibility. Any ballots under question can be placed in the challenge pile, and any decisions can be made with a quorum of the committee.
– Primary week schedule for committee members is being finalized. Polling day is broken into 2-hour blocks.
Meeting adjourned at 6:15 PM
Respectfully submitted by Michael O’Halloran,