Each year the BTU, BPS, and the city honor outstanding educators from the ranks of our teachers, paraprofessionals, nurses, and others. We honor those who are among the great people and leaders who work in our school systems every day. Please download the educator of the year flier (PDF) and please submit any nomination(s) you may have to email@example.com by Friday, April 6. Only one form per educator is necessary, but additional letters of support are welcomed.
- Have demonstrated a deep commitment to the students, to their school as a whole, and to their subject matter;
- Have shown a willingness to adapt to changes in teaching and learning and working with children of all abilities;
- Have reached out to parents;
- Have “gone above and beyond” and have taken on additional responsibilities (such as mentoring and helping others, engaging in extra-curricular activities, working with the local community, or furthering their own professional development);
- Teach with creativity, innovation, passion, and depth;
- Have worked in the Boston Public Schools for at least three years and have clearly developed an enthusiasm for teaching Boston Public School children.