Our City Our Schools is a member-led campaign to fight the root causes of state-imposed intervention in schools. We fight for resources, stability, and improved teaching and learning conditions for our schools. We fight against harmful top-down interventions, such as turnaround and receivership.
What would state receivership mean for Boston Public Schools?
To learn more about receivership and what it would mean for Boston Public Schools, check out this slideshow.
What can I do?
- Individuals: Share and sign the letter-writing campaign.
- Faculty Senate/SSC/Parent Council and sign-on to the letter.
- In-Person action: Attend the May 24th BESE Board Meeting, 8:45-10:30am at Wellesley H.S. (Anti-Receivership coffee, silent protest, present letter sign-ons). RSVP Here.
- Contact your State Rep and Senator; urge them to press Baker. Here’s a script.
- Contact Governor Baker by phone (617) 725-4005), email, or twitter.
- Stay tuned for a big rally at the State House.
- “Rethinking School Accountability" report from Senator Pat Jehlen's office
- Say NO to Boston Receivership: Research and Data to Support the Case
- School Performance in the Springfield Empowerment Zone
- AFT MA President Beth Kontos Criticizes DESE for Continuing Biased and Inaccurate School Rating System
- New proof that the state accountability system is biased against Boston
- Equal Pay for Equal Work letter signed by 100% of members at the UP Schools and Dever