There are a number of Education Hearings in March. All of these hearings will be hosted in the Iannella Chamber, 5th floor of City Hall.
- Hearing to Analyze the Safety and Security Measures Taken to Protect School Environments from Threatening Situations is scheduled for Monday, March 4 at 2 pm (Sponsored by Councilor Essabi-George)
- Hearing on Exam Schools is scheduled for Tuesday, March 5 at 10 am (Sponsored by Councilors Janey and Campbell)
- Hearing Regarding Civics Education in BPS is tentatively being scheduled for Monday, March 18 at 2 pm (Sponsored by Councilor Garrison)
- Hearing Regarding Student Transportation to Boston Public Schools is scheduled for March 28 at 3 pm (Sponsored by Councilor Edwards and Essaibi-George)
There will be an important hearing at the State House on the PROMISE Act on March 22:
- PROMISE Act Hearing at the State House: 9:30-4 PM. See more in this Facebook event from the MTA. Show your support for the Promise Act, our #FundOurFuture PreK-12 public education funding bill, at this State House hearing in Gardner Auditorium! The Promise Act is backed by the Fund Our Future campaign, a broad coalition of community groups, faith organizations, and labor unions. It would raise more than $1 billion for every public school across Massachusetts.