What is education policy and how does it work? How can I advocate for my students and my profession? How does policy affect me, my students, and my school?
Learn about these and more in the AFT/BTU Teacher Leader Program! Teacher Leader Fellows:
- Engage with state and local education policy makers
- Learn how to advocate for your students and your profession
- Join a national network of teachers advocating for the policies we need
- Conduct action research in their classrooms and schools to explore the real impact of education policy
- Present their findings and policy recommendations to policymakers and colleague
- Stipend: $1,500
This program meets on nine Saturdays across the school year. For more details and to apply: bit.ly/TLPApply. Contact Paul with questions or for more information.