Developing and Sustaining Empowering and Empathetic Classroom Management
Do you worry about how to meet everyone’s needs? Do you think back on last year and wonder how you ever made it through?
Presented by Dr. Henry Oppong (Safe and Welcoming Schools Specialist) and Mrs. Lauren Clarke-Mason (PAR), this professional development will provide you with useful and meaningful instructional strategies needed to create that warm and welcoming classroom community needed to enrich and promote learning for all students.
Learn systems and processes for:
- Meaningfully creating empathetic partnerships with parents and caregivers
- Building an empathetic and hands-joined classroom community
- Developing and improving SEL competencies for adults and students
- Intentionally integrating SEL competencies into academics
- Self-care and supportive systems for adults
Two sections available:
- Saturday, September 15, 9 AM to 3 PM @ the BTU
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, September 24, 25 and 27 from 4:30 to 6:30 PM @ the BTU
In addition to the in-person workshop, follow up sessions will be provided for continued support throughout the year and to earn PDPs.
Audience: All Classroom Teachers. School teams are encouraged to register. Register on My Learning Plan.