- Who We Represent
The Boston Teachers Union proudly represents more than 10,000 teachers and other professionals including school nurses, psychologists, guidance counselors, paraprofessionals, and substitute teachers.
Together, we advocate for the interests of students, parents and education professionals throughout the Boston Public Schools. We support investment in public education to ensure a stronger future for our students and our city. As a union of educators, we are part of a movement that seeks to improve the quality of life for all working people. We are united against all forms of prejudice and bigotry that would seek to devalue the lives or liberties of our students, families or colleagues.
- What are the BTU's primary responsibilities?
- Negotiate and enforce the contract
- Represent the membership in all matters related to work
- Answer job-related questions and assist in any job-related matter
- Promote the growth of — and respect for — our profession
- Work with the community to ensure our schools are the best as they can be
- Promote the strengthening of public education
- Work to ensure adequate funding to support improvements in public education
- Work through COPE (the Committee on Political Education) to elect pro-public education, pro-union candidates
- With what statewide and national union is the BTU affiliated?
BTU Officers and Staff
|Johnny McInnis||Political Directoremail@example.com||617-433-0488|
|Paul Tritter||Director of Professional Learningfirstname.lastname@example.org||617-650-0945|
|Michael McLaughlin||Elementary Field Rep.||email@example.com||617-291-1375|
|Caren Carew||Secondary Field Rep.||firstname.lastname@example.org||617-291-1268|
|Colleen Hart||Para/Substitute Field/ABA Rep.||email@example.com||617-291-1685|
|Khalida Smalls||Director of Organizingfirstname.lastname@example.org||617-288-2000|
|Natalia Cuadra-Saez||Internal Organizeremail@example.com||857-267-1469|
|Ariel (Ari) Branz||Internal Organizerfirstname.lastname@example.org||857-728-4822|
|Brenda Chaney||Parent and Community Liaisonemail@example.com||617-922-1275|
|Michael J Maguire||Co-Editor, Boston Union Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garret Virchick||Co-Editor, Boston Union Teacheremail@example.com|