The Boston Teachers Union proudly represents 5,500 teachers and other professionals including nurses, psychologists, and guidance counselors. In addition, we represent approximately 1,000 paraprofessionals, and close to 500 substitute teachers.
- Negotiate and enforce the contract
- Represent the membership in all matters related to work
- Answer job-related questions and assist in any job-related matter
- Promote the growth of “ and respect for “our profession
- Work with the community to ensure our schools are the best as they can be
- Promote the strengthening of public education
- Work to ensure adequate funding to support improvements in public education
- Work through COPE to elect pro-public education, pro-union candidates.
|Charles R. Johnson||Secretary-Treasurerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael McLaughlin||Elementary Field Rep.||email@example.com|
|Caren Carew||Secondary Field Rep.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Josefina Lascano Para||Substitute Field Rep.||email@example.com|
|Angela Cristiani||Political Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brenda Chaney||Parent and Community Liaisonemail@example.com|
|Jessica Tang||Director of Organizingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paul Tritter||Director of Professional Learningemail@example.com|
|Jonathan Rodrigues||External Organizerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shanika Houlder||Internal Organizeremail@example.com|
|Michael J Maguire||Co-Editor Boston Union Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Colum Whyte||Co-Editor Boston Union Teacheremail@example.com|
Find additional BTU contact information.