- Who We Represent
The Boston Teachers Union proudly represents 5,500 teachers and other professionals including nurses, psychologists, and guidance counselors. In addition, we represent approximately 1,000 paraprofessionals, and close to 500 substitute teachers.
- What are the BTU's primary responsibilities?
- Negotiate and enforce the contract
- Represent the membership in all matters related to work
- Answer job-related questions and assist in any job-related matter
- Promote the growth of “ and respect for “our profession
- Work with the community to ensure our schools are the best as they can be
- Promote the strengthening of public education
- Work to ensure adequate funding to support improvements in public education
- Work through COPE to elect pro-public education, pro-union candidates.
- What statewide and national union is the BTU affiliated with?
BTU Officers and Staff
|Johnny McInnis||Political Directoremail@example.com|
|Paul Tritter||Director of Professional Learningfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael McLaughlin||Elementary Field Rep.||email@example.com|
|Caren Carew||Secondary Field Rep.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Colleen Hart||Para/Substitute Field Rep.||email@example.com|
|Farah Assiraj||Director of Organizingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shanika Houlder||Internal Organizeremail@example.com|
|Jonathan Rodrigues||External Organizerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brenda Chaney||Part Time Parent and Community Liaisonemail@example.com|
|Michael J Maguire||Co-Editor, Boston Union Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garret Virchick||Co-Editor, Boston Union Teacheremail@example.com|