BPS Community Sessions: There will be many community meetings for feedback on the BuildBPS plan. See the full list on the BPS website. This week there is one on Thursday from 6-8 PM in Roslindale, one on Friday from 5-7 PM in Charlestown, and one on Saturday from 10 AM-12 PM in Mattapan.
Join the BuildBPS Action Network: We have organized an email list and network for communications and organizing around BuildBPS. Sign yourself up using this form, and contact Natalia Cuadra-Saez with questions at email@example.com.
Come to an Education Lobby Day this Friday: BEJA (Boston Education Justice Alliance) is organizing a lobby day this Friday from 3:30-5 PM at City Hall to advocate for no school closures, that school communities stay together and a BuildBPS plan that is transparent. RSVP on the Facebook event. Email Ruby at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Media Coverage of BuildBPS:
- Interview with Teacher Allison Doherty and BTU President Tang (starts at 2:00): BNN News, October 29
- When a school goes, so does the community around it: Boston Globe, October 27
- Two high school communities beg, badger, and blast BPS officials in bid to stop shutdown: Schoolyard News, October 25
- City plan to close three schools sparks outrage, Bay State Banner, October 24
- Officials: BuildBPS good if done correctly: Boston Herald, October 23
- Closing a school destroys a community, students tell the School Committee,Schoolyard News, October 22
- Students, parents denounce plans to shutter Boston schools: Boston Globe, October 18
- Boston Public Schools cut two high schools: Boston Herald, October 17