TODAY is the LAST DAY to vote in the BTU election! Voting is in-person only. Polls are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Union Hall in Dorchester. A photo ID is required. Our union elections occur every two years and are critical to the democracy of our union. We encourage all members to participate in this year’s BTU election. Please see here for more information on in-person voting protocols. Once voting closes this evening, we will announce the results in a Special Bulletin.
Our next membership meeting is next Wednesday, June 9 at 4:30 p.m. As usual, please register in advance. Please note, we will be sharing and approving the initial master contract package at this meeting! Quick reminders for registering:
- Please remember that you must register at least one hour in advance, or you will not receive a link.
- Each link is unique and cannot be shared.
- Links are sent after your registration and membership status are verified – please do not register multiple times if you do not immediately receive a link.
- Remember to include your exact BPS ID# in order to expedite approvals. If you are retired or don’t have an ID# for another reason, please enter “000000″.
- Please make sure that you have updated your Zoom account with the latest update before the meeting in order to avoid complications with your link.
As many of you are most likely now aware, BPS has ended their relationship with Youth on Board, the nonprofit group that helped run the Boston Student Advisory Council (BSAC). We are very disturbed by the results of the recent investigation that found students were being mistreated and forced to participate in activities that made them uncomfortable and caused them harm. We firmly stand behind our students, and will continue to follow their lead in how to best support them.
Reminder: We now have two new BTU member benefits! Please see information on new financial benefits and accessing the prepaid legal benefit online.
Don’t forget: Do we have your correct mailing address on file? It is important to us that we are able to reach all of our members by phone, mail or email. Please check here to make sure we have your correct information.