Summer Organizing Session II – August 29, 30 & 31*
Come hone your skills as a powerful educator and organizer by attending the BTU Summer Organizing Institute!
The full Summer Organizing Institute is open to all BTU members – both active and retired. We invite members of other locals and Union organizations to register to attend the Institute on day 1 & 2.
- Tuesday-Wednesday, August 29-30: 9:30 AM to 4 PM. Breakfast will be served at 9 AM.
- Thursday, August 31: 9 AM to 12:30 PM (*BTU members only). Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM.
Childcare is available upon request. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The BTU Organizing Institute aims to provide essential organizing skills that can be utilized with unions, organizations and in schools. Participants will be able to learn about:
- National, public education and union policies
- How to have conversations on organizing issues
- Mapping your school and communities
- Youth organizing and campaigning on issues
Please join our community of educators that are working to build POWER for our students, our schools, and our community!