Please join the Boston Teachers Union and the Boston Education Justice Alliance on Saturday, January 26 at Madison Park High School for the Parent 2 Parent Conference! This is a conference for parents AND educators to share and learn from each other, support parent engagement, promote parent advocacy, and strengthen parent and teacher collaboration. Register below.
This event is FREE! We will provide breakfast and lunch, and volunteer-run childcare is available with pre-registration. The conference will be at Madison Park High School, 75 Malcolm X Boulevard in Roxbury from 8:30 AM to 3 PM on Saturday, January 26. Please register using the form below!
Here’s our agenda for the 26th:
- 8:30-9 am: Registration and Breakfast
- 9-10:30 am: Panel and Discussion: “Connecting the Dots: Building an Intersectional Movement for Justice”
- 10:30 am-12 pm: Workshop Session 1:
- Tackling Inequality in Boston: examples from PILOT campaign with Jonathan Rodrigues, BTU
- A Community-led Approach to Community Engagement with Ruby Reyes (BEJA Director) and Khalida Smalls (BTU)
- Special Education, a Right for All with Fabienne Eliacin (parent), Mike Skolka, (teacher), EdLaw Project
- 12-1 pm: Lunch and Special Guest Conversation: “Parent-Teacher Partnerships with Regina Robinson, former BPS School Committee member and BPS Parent”
- 1-2:30 pm: Workshop Session 2: Classrooms:
- Can we #BuildBPSRight? with Kevin Murray (parent) and Neema Avashia (teacher)
- Organizing Creative Actions with St. Stephen’s Parents and Youth Programs [Workshop in Spanish]
- BPS Budget 101 with Kristin Johnson, BPS Parent
- 2:30-3 PM: Report Outs, Next Steps for Action
Download flyers for posting: