Apply to be a Summer Organizing Leader!
The BTU seeks up to 10 Summer Organizing Leaders (SOL) to take action this summer in increasing member engagement and participation in our union. SOL participants receive training and coaching in effective organizing practices, including one-on-one conversations, mapping and assessing resources, and identifying leaders. Throughout the summer SOL participants will engage in conversations with members around key BTU priorities in order to lay the foundation for successful campaigns.
- Attend the BTU’s Summer Organizing Institute from June 24-25
- Complete at least 30 hours of member engagement throughout the summer, primarily through one-on-one conversations
- Report back to BTU’s Organizing Team through coaching and debrief sessions
- Willingness to travel throughout the city of Boston to meet with members
- Must be a BTU member to apply
Compensation: $20/hour for a minimum of 30 hours completed
Questions? Please contact Khalida Smalls, Director of Organizing, firstname.lastname@example.org