Apply to be a Summer Organizing Union Leader!
July 10-August 11, 2023
The BTU seeks Summer Organizing Union Leaders (SOULs) to support BTU’s campaigns around welcoming new members into the union, fighting state takeovers, and preparing for the next round of contract negotiations. SOULs receive training and coaching in effective organizing practices, including how to have effective one-on-one conversations and how to escalate a campaign. Throughout the summer SOULs will engage in conversations with BTU members and community members around the priority campaigns named above. They will also participate in weekly training sessions to develop a deeper understanding of what it takes to build power and win the schools our students deserve.
- Attend the BTU/AFT MA Summer Organizing Institute from June 26-27
- Attend a minimum of 8 out of 10 weekly in-person training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-5:00pm, from July 10th - August 11th
- Give a final presentation on Tuesday, August 15
- Spend 6-8 hours per week (outside of training sessions) supporting the BTU’s campaigns
- Have one-on-one conversations with BTU members and allies
- Track and document information gathered from conversations and actions taken.
- Must be a BTU member to apply. We are seeking a diverse group of SOULs: paras, RSPs, people of color, women and nonbinary, LGBTQ+, disabled folks and others encouraged to apply!
Compensation: $20/hour for 40-60 hours total ($800-$1200)
Apply online at: btu.org/SOUL
Questions? Please contact Natalia at email@example.com
SOUL Application 2023