We sponsor a range of social and charitable events including:
- We organize leadership development opportunities, including the Fall Leadership Conference, Winter Leadership Conference, Family2Family Conference, and Summer Organizing Union Leadership (SOUL) Internship Program.
- A variety of social get togethers, at the beginning, mid, and end of year including a reception for new staff and a reception for new teachers, paraprofessionals, and substitute teachers in the Fall.
- We organize around a variety of issues that impact our members, students, and school communities. View our Organizing Committees.
- Homework help/parent outreach at each Boston Public Library branch
- Administer scholarships to BPS students & dependents of BTU members. Last year we gave $148,000.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer team
- Fundraiser for Pine Street Inn and Rosie’s Place in March
- BTU night at the Celtics and Red Sox
- BTU members’ holiday party for children and grandchildren